Asphalt, also known as bitumen, is a sticky, black, and highly viscous liquid or semi-solid form of petroleum. It may be found in natural deposits or may be a refined product, and is classed as a pitch. The primary use (70%) of asphalt is in road construction, parking lots, etc. - where it is used as the glue or binder mixed with aggregate particles (stones, sand, and gravel) to create asphalt concrete.
Because of its cost-effectiveness and durability, it is sometimes utilized in place of concrete. But, because it does not have the longevity of concrete, eventually it will need occasional repair. Also, this is Texas - along with neglecting to maintain the asphalt, the drastic changes in Texas temperatures and weather can hasten the damage (especially causing cracking). There are a number of ways to maintain your road/parking lot. We here at Jones Paving Company realize that money becomes the number one issue when planning maintenance. This is why roads/parking lots usually become the last item to deal with, but it also becomes one of the most expensive to replace if neglected too long. Here are some options (according to your budget):
1. If the damage to your asphalt is beyond repair, then it must be taken up (milled), hauled off, the base (the aggregate materials that serve as the foundation of the asphalt) must be reworked, apply the primer/tack, and overlay the area with new asphalt/hot mix. This is the most expensive, but with regular asphalt maintenance - can be avoided.
2. The next option is an overlay. This is were a professional here at Jones Paving Company will determine if the existing asphalt is in good enough condition to simply overlay the old asphalt (something akin to putting another layer of roofing on your house without taking the old one off).
3. Then, there is Asphalt Repair. This is Jones Paving Company's specialty. There is: Pothole/Failure Repair, Crack Sealant, Seal Coat, & Re-striping. You may be in need of one or all of them - our professional will advise you which to choose.
4. If you have concrete, then our man will advise you of your choices to repair or replace the damaged areas.
5. Want to save money? KEEP YOUR ROAD/PARKING LOT MAINTAINED!
The friendly people at Jones Paving Company are here to serve you. Please give us a call and get your Free Estimate Today!
Copyright 2013. Jones Paving Co. All rights reserved.
We Provide a Variety of Services for You & Competitive Pricing.
Asphalt & Concrete Repair
Exterior House Painting
Our Service Areas Include: Fort Worth, Bedford, Euless, Hurst, Arlington, Irving, and Dallas, TX